Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Summer!

I'm loving the beginning of my summer break! It's already flying by. Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning the house. A clean house really does make a happy wife! I got the beautiful hydrangeas in the vase from our flowers in the backyard.

Today, I spent the morning cooking. I began cooking lasagna by starting with homemade spaghetti sauce. I'm really excited to finish cooking it and eat it tomorrow. More to come on the outcome. We got to see Baby Jackson tonight and eat pizza with Brent's family. He's so cute!

I finished reading, Life from Scratch, by Melissa Ford. It was really good and I finished it in a few days. The book is about a woman that is recently divorced and has started cooking and blogging.  The past 2 books I've read have been about cooking, so now I'm inspired to start cooking more. Since I have more time I plan on cooking more and trying new recipes. I'm trying out a Cupcake Wars recipe tomorrow. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment