Thursday, June 16, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

The past 2 days, I've spent lots of time in the kitchen. My first adventure was cooking homemade spaghetti sauce. Brent comes from an Italian family and they love their spaghetti sauce. Brent loves his mom's spaghetti sauce! I knew I wasn't quite up to making that sauce, so I tried the recipe from the Skinny Italian cookbook. I bought italian tomatoes and broke them up in my sauce. I let it simmer for hours and then made lasanga. I must say that for the first time it was pretty good. It wasn't perfect, but definitely better than sauce from a can. I might just have some Italian in me too!




Next, I tried baking. I love Cupcake Wars so I tried out this recipe from their website. I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball Cupcakes. They sounded delicious. I began by making the chocolate cupcakes from scratch. After they baked, I filled the middle with chocolate ganache. I made peanut butter buttercream for the icing. It was wonderful! I'll never use icing from a can again. The end product was beautiful. I cut a ziplock bag to pipe the icing and I think it turned out wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment