Saturday, July 9, 2011

Beach Vacation

This past week Brent and I went on a vacation to Charleston. We had a great time celebrating our anniversary a few weeks late! It was so nice to get away for a few days and enjoy the beach! When we usually go to Charleston it is a quick trip and we don't really get to enjoy the beach. This week, we went to the beach every day. I finished 2 books and got some sun! It was wonderful! I got a little too much sun one day, so I had to stay under the umbrella the next day. Brent loves to swim in the ocean and fish. (He caught a stingray.) I would rather sit in my beach chair and read or go for a walk. My favorite time on the beach is about 5pm when most people are off the beach and the sun is starting to set. It's a beautiful and relaxing time to be on the beach.

When we weren't soaking up rays, we were staying busy. We got to eat at Taco Boy, which everyone always tells us is a great place to eat. We got see the fireworks on the 4th. We went to the Cinnebarre, which is a movie theater where you can eat. It was really cool! It's just like a restaurant at the movies. We saw Bridesmaids, which was really cute! Brent and I have decided we should open one here.

We also went to Bottles and Brushes and painted another painting. I'm about all painted out now. We now have 5 canvases at our house. This was my favorite picture because it's a Palmetto tree. The last day we went to Fort Moultrie. Brent and I love history so we always love to explore new places when we are on vacation. It would have been rough to be a Patriot in the Fort because it was so hot! I took a lot of pictures that I can use in my classroom next year. We also spent the day shopping! We went to a great teacher store in Charleston and Brent got his first teacher item.

We had a great time together and we're already planning trips for next year!

Our Beach set-up


Brent's stingray

Our Palmetto Trees

Fort Moultrie

Brent's Technology Posters

No comments:

Post a Comment