Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beginning of 2012

I always get a little sad when January 1st rolls around because the Christmas season is all over. I was sad to put away all the Christmas decorations and put our gifts away. I waited until the end of the week to put everything away this year. Now that everything is put up, I like seeing the house all neat and clean. Now let's see how long that will last.

We spent the week after Christmas relaxing and spending lots of time in the house. I read, watched TV and spent time with our families. We went to Grove Park Inn on Wednesday to look at the Gingerbread Houses. We had such a great time. It is definitely one of my favorite places to go. We're going to try to stay there some time this year. It's so beautiful. I loved the Gingerbread houses this year. It makes me want to try to build one with my class next year. The rest of the week was spent putting up Christmas decorations and cleaning the house.

We spent NYE with some of our friends in Easley. We had a great time at dinner and hanging out until the New Year. We also spent New Year's Day eating black eyed peas and collard greens at my grandparents.

Here are some of the things I'm most looking forward to this year:
  • Graduating with my Master's degree.
  • The arrival of Amy's baby boy James.
  • The arrival of 2 babies in Brent's extended family.
  • Celebrating being with Brent for 10 years.
  • Going on several trips with our friends and families. (Hopefully Disneyworld!)
I'm looking forward to a wonderful year in 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment